Visually and Chemically Identical to Earth-Grown Diamonds
Natural diamonds take thousands of years to form underground. Mining them requires a lot of resources and producing a jewelry-grade stone takes lots of work. Lab-grown diamonds are increasing in popularity; they skip many controversial steps and are more eco-friendly and affordable than natural diamonds. They can also be sized, cut, and shaped to the desired preferences; their sparkle and color can be controlled as well.
What Are Lab-Grown Diamonds?
Lab-grown diamonds are man-made in a controlled laboratory environment. They are created using advanced technologies that simulate the conditions in which they form naturally. Tiny carbon seeds are subject to extreme pressure and heat in a chamber. Or, a chemical vapor deposition process may be used, and then the formed diamonds may undergo pressure and heat treatment.
A lab-grown diamond consists of carbon atoms arranged in a crystal structure, just like a natural diamond. It can be produced on any range of the color scale. Yellow diamonds are rare in nature but can be easily created in a lab, as can fancy-colored diamonds that are beautiful but not found anywhere on Earth.
Benefits of Lab-Grown Diamonds
The advantages of choosing lab-grown diamonds include:
- Sustainability: Lab-grown diamonds are not mined from the ground, which involves extensive digging and excavation that can harm ecosystems. Fewer resources are used to transport and refine materials.
- Cost-Effectiveness: The lower cost of lab-grown diamonds is due to the fact they can be produced as needed and the supply chain is shorter. Therefore, jewelers can offer more competitive prices for high-quality stones.
- Ethical Sourcing: Diamond mines can be unhealthy places to work and workers are often unfairly treated and underpaid. The origin of lab-grown diamonds is easily traceable. Their production also doesn’t negatively impact people or communities.
- Quality: Lab-grown diamonds are produced to high-quality standards. Impurities that get trapped in natural diamonds underground are absent, so there are fewer defects and the stones are brighter and more beautiful.
Lab-Grown Diamonds vs. Natural Diamonds
Consumers prefer lab-grown diamonds for many reasons. One reason is their lower price. Compared to a natural diamond of a similar size and quality, a lab-grown diamond can cost up to 40% less. The physical differences between the two can be seen only with specialized equipment. Otherwise, both are identical to the human eye.
People also prefer lab-grown diamonds for their reduced environmental impact. Creating them doesn’t cause air, surface water, or groundwater pollution. Soil disturbances, deforestation, and harm to wildlife are also avoided. Plus, workplace health and safety and regional conflicts over natural resources aren’t associated with producing lab-grown stones.
Lab-grown diamonds are graded on the same characteristics as traditional diamonds. Each gemstone is sent to an independent lab to be examined and certified. All diamonds are graded based on:
- Cut: Directly influences a diamond’s brilliance.
- Clarity: Scaled based on a stone’s lack of cracks or defects.
- Carat: A diamond’s size and weight are measured in carats; five carats equal 1 gram.
- Color: The more a diamond lacks color, the higher its grade.
Lab-Grown Diamond Jewelry
Lab-grown diamonds can be paired with just about any type of jewelry. They have increased the versatility of custom jewelry and can be created based on your preferences. For example, you can have a diamond engagement ring or a pair of earrings made with the type and size of stone you prefer. You’ll also find lab-grown stones on necklaces, bracelets, and pendants. It’s possible to select a more elegant and luxurious item at a more affordable price.
Caring for Lab-Grown Diamonds
Just like natural diamonds, lab-grown diamonds can be cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaning tool. Or, you can gently wipe it with a jewelry cleaning solution. Soaking it in a mild soap and water solution will work just as well. However, avoid abrasive cleaners and harsh chemicals that can damage the stone. Clean your diamonds twice a month so they don’t become dull and coated with grime or residue.
Why Choose Jeweler's Touch for Lab-Grown Diamonds?
Jeweler’s Touch is a trusted source for purchasing lab-grown diamond jewelry for the following reasons:
- Expertise: We have a skilled team of certified diamontologists and other accredited jewelry professionals who help select jewelry, custom design it, and provide repairs and appraisals.
- Selection: Our selection of lab-grown diamond jewelry includes diamond rings, diamond earrings, diamond pendants, diamond necklaces, diamond bracelets, and diamond charms.
- Quality: At Jeweler’s Touch, we hand-select our diamonds and are known for our quality craftsmanship. You can always expect a high-quality product at a great price.
- Customer Service: Our team is committed to providing high-quality customer service, from answering your questions to explaining all available options. A professional will discuss your ideas, help finalize a design, and update you every step of the way until the final product is on your finger.
Explore Our Collection of Lab-Grown Diamond Jewelry
Lab-grown diamonds are as brilliant as natural diamonds yet more affordable. They’re more sustainable and eco-friendly, ethically sourced, and come in a wide range of options to match your style. At Jeweler’s Touch, we enable you to choose the shape, carat count, color, clarity, and cut, plus a wide range of advanced options to create a diamond you’ll cherish for life.
Contact Jeweler’s Touch Today
Feel free to explore our lab-grown diamond collection online. Our jewelry professionals are ready to answer all your questions and assist in choosing or custom-designing a diamond ring or wedding band. Use our lab-grown diamond creator to review your ring design or contact us for more information or to schedule an in-store appointment.