Jewelry appraisals are generally provided for insurance, determination of estate values, resale advice, dissolution of marriage and charitable donations. Jeweler's Touch has a GIA Gemologist and diamond expert on-site happy to perform appraisal of your unique jewelry. (Required by most insurance companies)
To assist us in giving you the most accurate jewelry appraisals possible, please bring in any documentation you might have for your jewelry. Examples would be receipts, diamond certificates, diamond reports or previous appraisals.
Most insurance companies recommend that you have your jewelry appraisal reports updated every three to five years. If you wish to have your jewelry appraised or need more information, stop in or call Jeweler's Touch at 714.579.1616.
How does it work?
- Schedule an appointment. We'll appraise your jewelry while you watch.
- We'll view your jewelry through our 10X Gemscope.
- Our GIA Gemologist will take notes and evaluate the jewelry while you wait.
- We will finish research and pricing once you leave with your jewelry.
- Within two weeks you will receive your official jewelry appraisal in the mail
- If you'd rather not wait while we work to evaluate your pieces you can also drop off your jewelry and pick it up within three to five days. The jewelry appraisal will be mailed within two weeks.
What does the appraisal documentation include?
- A detailed description of each appraised item.
- Digital photograph.
- Metal content determination.
- Gemstone identification, grading, measurement and weight estimation.
- Verification of Gemological laboratory reports if applicable.
- Researched valuation at the appropriate market level.
- Professional cleaning and inspection of your unique jewelry.
- An explanation of value, along with the appropriate use of the appraisal document.