Posted on Wednesday, February 12th, 2020 at 2:12 pm by Ad
February is here, and love is in the air again. If this isn’t the first Valentine’s Day spent with your significant other, then you may be finding it increasingly difficult to come up with the perfect gift year after year. There is one gift that transcends the generations. The ageless gift of jewelry is always a favorite for Valentine’s Day.
Here is an easy-to-follow gift guide for the Valentine’s Day ahead. Whether you are shopping for that special woman in your life or trying to show your mister how special he is, there is something to complement any style and personality. We even took the liberty of including Single’s Awareness Day and Galentine’s Day gift ideas.
Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
Depending on who you ask, Valentine’s Day is more about the memory than the gift. But just in case you feel the pressure of the holiday creeping up and you still haven’t purchased that perfect gift for your sweetheart, we’re here to help you choose the best piece of jewelry to fit your budget. Always make sure to consider her style when shopping for jewelry and do your homework about the durability of some gemstones.
- Classic Diamond Pendant - Pendants are all the rage right now. Showcasing just the single, stand-alone diamond makes quite the statement. Any woman would be caught in awe by the mere sight of it. If you want to blow her away this Valentine’s Day, a traditional diamond pendant will definitely do the job.
- Chunky or Stackable Gemstone Rings - Every girl loves a colorful gemstone. The trend right now is either chunky rings with a single large gemstone or multiple gemstone bands that can be stacked or worn separately. The opal has been making a huge comeback in the last year. Every opal has its own unique sheen and fractals. When it comes to gemstone rings, tourmaline and opals are excellent gift choices, as are the deep ocean blues of tanzanite.
- Diamond Earrings - How can you beat an enchanting set of diamond earrings? A true classic beauty, diamond earrings are definitely a show-stopper. Believe it or not, you can find some reasonably priced diamond studs nowadays. Be sure to find a set of diamond earrings that suits her style and personality. Choose from rose gold, silver or traditional 24K gold, to create a moment to remember.
Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
Say goodbye to boring cufflinks. Men’s jewelry has made a major comeback recently. It isn’t uncommon to gift a man a wristwatch or bold ring for Valentine’s Day. It isn’t just all about silvers and golds either. Modern male jewelry now comes in a wide variety of materials that range from rugged to luxurious. Materials like leather, wooden finishes, and unpolished metals are all popular nowadays. One thing to always take into consideration is his personality. Make sure to buy him a Valentine’s gift that he will wear for years to come.
- The Always Popular Wristwatch - Men’s wristwatches have gone through quite the transformation. They aren’t just blinged-out, clunky hunks of precious metal weighing down wrists anymore. Now you can opt to get your man a more subtle, less flashy timepiece. Black metals with rough leather straps are really popular right now, as well as watches with wooden inlays and faces. Again, it is important to think about his style and personality when buying him a watch for Valentine’s Day.
- Rings for the Win - We’re not solely in the land of wedding bands anymore. Buying your special someone a killer ring for V-Day will always get a warm response. Male rings have come a long way and now come in a variety of material combinations and styles. Wooden rings or black and tungsten carbide bands are very popular right now. To add a personal touch, you can get a message engraved on the inside of the ring as well.
- Bracelets & Pendants - When selecting a pendant necklace or bracelet for your beau, simplicity will probably get you a more favorable response. A traditional cross made of onyx or a solid carbon graphite dog tag pendant are always great choices.
Don’t Forget About Single’s Awareness Day & Galentine’s Day
While these two days may not get nearly the same amount of attention as Valentine’s Day, it doesn’t make them any less important. Gal pals stick together through breakups, makeups, hiring and firing, good times and the bad. If you’re lonely and in love this holiday, make sure to praise the platonic relationships that are nearest and dearest to you.
Galentine’s Day Gift Ideas -
- Oprah to My Gayle Coffee Mugs - Okay, okay, we get it. But you have to admit, it is pretty cute.
- Best Friend Lockets - This little throw-back token of esteem will have both you and your bestie daydreaming about the 80s.
- Astrological Candles - Zodiac candles are always a sweet gift and easy to find. It adds a little cosmic touch to your Galentine’s Day.
Single’s Awareness Day -
Okay, we all know Valentine’s Day is upon us. With that said, what about all the single people out there? National Single’s Day or Bachelor’s Day, as it was originally coined, began in China when some college students wanted to celebrate themselves. It has now crossed genders to become a more widely celebrated occasion by throwing blind-dating parties and singles’ events. If you are trying to think of a thoughtful gift to bring to your National Singles Day soiree, here are some ideas.
- Weighted Blanket - Nothing soothes away those mini bouts of anxiety like a weighted blanket. Weighted blankets are said to calm, hug and comfort those that are wrapped in its snugness.
- Cooling Eye Mask - After a heavy night of wine drinking with the ladies, you may need a little under-eye relief. A cooling eye mask is just the gift to give your friend that likes to live life to the fullest.
- Adult Coloring Books - If you haven’t heard of adult coloring books before, you’re in for a treat. Coloring books have grown in popularity over the last five years for their stress-relieving capabilities. They help focus the mind in a non-demanding way so you can relax, decompress and drift off into an imaginary land of color.